At the request of our teacher Geshe Kalsang Damdul, Shakyamuni Tibetan Buddhist Center is sponsoring a group of Tibetan Buddhist monks from the Phukhang Khangtsen monastery in South India who are touring the West coast through October of this year.
These monks are currently in Portland, OR, which is their home base, and will be returning here a few times over the course of the next five months or so. They have come to the U.S. to raise funds for their temple building, which is under construction now. Offerings received by the monks will be taken back home for their temple building fund. Your kind donation will be tax-deductible when made through STBC.
At your request, these monks will be available to offer:
- Blessing ceremonies at private homes, businesses, newly-purchased buildings, ancestral lands, bodies of water, and so on.
- Visitations to pray for those in hospitals or hospice centers.
- Specific pujas (prayer ceremonies) to be done at your request, either at your site or, if you’d prefer, from their residence.
It is traditional to offer a meal to visiting monks. If you are interested in offering this while they are here, please let us know and we will make an arrangement with you.
If you have any questions, or would like to schedule an appointment, please feel free to call:
- Cat Wilson (360) 608-1067 cell / (360) 433-2739 home
- Tenzin Sherab (971) 284-1132 cell
We look forward to seeing you!